TAKE THE WALKTOBER CHALLENGE THIS OCTOBER!
This October, people across Australia will set themselves a challenge to raise money to enable more disadvantaged students to participate in Bluearth’s Active Leaders Program.
This year, Walktober is a 31 minute challenge for 31 days. Each day in October, we’re asking you to walk, run, ride, swim, bounce, skip, climb for 31 minutes a day. It’s all about moving more, any way you enjoy. And because we know life gets busy, you don’t have to do the 31 minutes in one block – spread it throughout the day if that’s easier.
You can enter as an individual or create a team. Print off our online challenge guide and stick it to your fridge. Each day, decide how you’re going to move more for 31 minutes and mark it off on your challenge guide. Ask your family and friends to sponsor you – this will help motivate you and support Bluearth’s work in disadvantaged communities.
If you sign up to the challenge and fundraise to help students in disadvantaged communities, you, your school and your family go in the running to win some great prizes from RHSports:
- The school whose students raise the most money will receive a $1,000 RHSports voucher to purchase sporting equipment for their school
- The school that raises the second highest amount will receive a $500 RHSports voucher
- The Student from the school that raises the most money will win a $100 RHSports voucher to purchase sporting equipment for themselves
- The Family Team that raises the most money will win a $100 RHSports voucher
- The individual who raises the most donations will win a $50 RHSports voucher to purchase sporting equipment for themselves
Since 2002, Bluearth has brought the joy of movement and physical activity to over 1000 school communities and to more than 350,000 school students around Australia.
How to take the Walktober Challenge
- Register for the Walktober Challenge
- Click ‘Join Walktober’ if you haven’t signed up to Everyday Hero before. This will take you to the sign up page. If you have been part of another Everyday Hero event, click the login button.
- Add your details to the sign up page. If you include your school’s name in brackets, your school may be in the running to win some great prizes.
- Click on the Supporter Page button
- This is now your page. You can change your details, add your own photo or your own story.
- Your page is now ready to share with family, friends and colleagues. Simply copy the link on your page and share it on social media or email.